1) How will we stay safe from COVID? To protect our participants from spreading potential infection, we are asking families to continue to consider masking in crowded situations. Wrestlers will not mask during practice or matches (per NFHS recommendations).
Parents CAN attend practice this year. We encourage parents to attend practice, especially for our youngest wrestlers.
2) Who can join? The team is open to kids aged 5-14. The age cutoff for participation is turning 15 before 11/1/22. Although younger kids can join, it has been our experience that 4 is just too young to get much out of practice.
3) How much does it cost? The registration cost is $130.00. We have scholarship help available if needed - you can apply by contacting Coach Spawn.
In addition to the registration fee, you will also need a 20.00 USA Wrestling card, a uniform (singlet) which will be sold through our gear store and a pair of wrestling shoes and headgear. If you wear braces, you must have a mouth guard.
4) When do you compete? In a typical year, we have matches pretty much every weekend from Dec. 1-Feb. 28.
We do not expect wrestlers to participate in all events, and they can choose the level of participation that suits their level of readiness. New wrestlers participate in a less-frequent schedule of novice events, which are designed for beginners.
5) Why can't I see events on the calendar? Until you are a registered member of the club, you will not see the competition calendar or the practice schedule. This is how Sports Engine designed the website. If you have questions about events, talk to the coaches at practice.
6) How often is practice? Wrestlers 8 and under practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:00 at Friends School. Wrestlers 9 and older (and younger wrestlers with more than two years experience) practice on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00 at Gilman.
7) What do I wear to practice? Shorts and t shirt, wrestling shoes and headgear. If you have braces, you must wear a mouth guard that completely covers the braces.
After reading through our list of frequently asked questions, if you still need answers, contact Andy Spawn by email.