1) Who can join? The team is open to kids aged 5-14. The age cutoff for participation is turning 15 before 11/1/19. Although younger kids can join, it has been our experience that 4 is just too young to get much out of practice.
2) How much does it cost? The registration cost is $120.00. There is a 30.00 discount for registering additional children from the same family. We have scholarship help available if needed - you can apply by contacting Coach Spawn.
In addition to the registration fee, you will also need a 15.00 USA Wrestling card, a uniform (singlet) from the gear store for about 60.00, and a pair of wrestling shoes and headgear. If you wear braces, you must have a mouth guard.
3) When do you compete? We have matches pretty much every weekend from Dec. 1-Feb. 28. We do not expect wrestlers to participate in all events, and they can choose the level of participation that suits their level of readiness. Novice wrestlers participate in a less-frequent schedule of novice events,which are designed for beginners.
4) Why can't I see events on the calendar? Until you are a registered member of the club, you will not see the competition calendar or the practice schedule. This is how Sports Engine designed the website. If you have questions about events, talk to the coaches at practice.
5) How often is practice? Wrestlers 8 and under practice Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:00 (at Friends School). New wrestlers 9 and older practice Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:15-8:15 (at Gilman). Advanced wrestlers practice Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:15-8:15 at Gilman.
6) What do I wear to practice? Shorts and t shirt, wrestling shoes and headgear. If you have braces, you must wear a mouth guard that completely covers the braces.
After reading through our list of frequently asked questions, if you still need answers, contact Andy Spawn by email.