This is a general "Teams page" that Sports Engine builds into their design. To find the calendar and registration links for practices and events, go back to the menu bar above and select either "Novice" or "Advanced/Intermediate".
We divide our members into two teams, who have separate practices. The division is by age, so that we can target our instruction appropriately for the developmental level of our wrestlers.
1) Our 8 and under novice team practices Tuesday and Thursdays at Friends School of Baltimore from 6:30-8:00. Practices will start this year on Thursday, 11/1.
2) Our Intermediate and Advanced team (which also includes novices who are older than 8) practices Mondays and Wednesdays at Gilman School from 6:15-8:15. Practices will start this year on Monday, 11/5.
3) We also have practice on Thursdays at Loyola Blakefield from 6-8 with Steve Fittery's FITS Wrestling Academy. Steve runs a practice targeted for advanced wrestlers to continue to develop their skills and to find some new workout partners (the practice is not limited to NBWC members). Practices will start this year on Thursday, 11/8.
1) Who can join? The team is open to kids aged 5-14. The age cutoff for participation is turning 15 before 11/1/18. Although younger kids can join, it has been our experience that 4 is just too young to get much out of practice.
2) How much does it cost? The registration cost is $120.00. There is a 30.00 discount for registering additional children from the same family. We have scholarship help available if needed - you can apply by contacting Coach Spawn.
In addition to the registration fee, you will also need a 15.00 USA Wrestling card, a uniform (singlet) from the gear store, and a pair of wrestling shoes and headgear. If you wear braces, you must have a mouth guard.
3) When do you compete? We have matches pretty much every weekend from Dec. 1-Feb. 28. We do not expect wrestlers to participate in all events, and they can choose the level of participation that suits their level of readiness. Novice wrestlers participate in a less-frequent schedule of novice events, which are designed for beginners.
4) Why can't I see events on the calendar? Until you are a registered member of the club, you will not see the competition calendar or the practice schedule. This is how Sports Engine designed the website. If you have questions about events, talk to the coaches at practice.
5) What do I wear to practice? Shorts and t shirt, wrestling shoes and headgear. If you have braces, you must wear a mouth guard that completely covers the braces.